• California,
  • United States

Top Contributors

Some issues with Live Help

Was really happy to see this feature added, and has revived my interest in EE again, away from SO.

I have answered 3 question but was unhappy with result. The first was a student wanting their homework done, a job I would normally avoid, but didn't know the type of work until I accepted the offer. They reluctantly bought 15 minutes of work but still wanted more free help beyond this. Second client wasn't able to start a session, even with help desk support. Third client wanted everything done in the 5 minute free period (which he though he might be paying for), but would not clarify his/her question beyond a 2 line description. Then stopped contact and gave me bad feedback.

Perhaps the client instructions need to be made clearer. This service could work so much better if you could encourage more business like clients.
View Previous CommentsLoad All Comments (28)

Author Comment

Kim Ryan2017-01-03 03:45 PMID: 1959441
I tested out the Live Help (thanks Kyle) and it was certainly clear about the 5 minute free time and then the paid blocks. Guess our best hope is that EE can market this service better to attract more professional clients. Looking at the profiles, seems like many have less than 10 completed sessions, some of which would have only been in free time.

Also, questions in many topic areas are so sparse, almost impossible for me to earn 10,000 point in a month. So really hope EE can drive some good traffic here. I am very tired of the overly zealous moderating you get on Stack Oveflow.

Expert Comment

Scott Fell, EE MVE2017-01-03 04:22 PMID: 1959445
>  I am very tired of the overly zealous moderating you get on Stack Oveflow.

Kim, that is why I have been participating on EE the past 6 years.

Expert Comment

Tom Chadaravicius2017-01-04 05:59 AMID: 1959505
IMHO, Live Support should not be done using browser/HTML5. Codementor uses Zoom; and I would eagerly develop an application of our own. Any thoughts on such app?
Yours,
Tom

Expert Comment

Helen Feddema2017-01-23 06:29 AMID: 1964477
I have a problem with the way requests are handled.  I missed two recently because I was away from the computer and by the time I returned, they had expired.  Text notifications would be much more likely to be noticed in a timely fashion, since my phone will be with me if I am away from the computer.  Also, if a request is missed, there should be a way to send a message to the requester saying when I will next be available.

Expert Comment

Swadhin Ray2017-01-23 10:41 PMID: 1964749
I see few of them are just sending the teamviewer ID and password to connect with them and asking to help .

Expert Comment

I see few of them are just sending the teamviewer ID and password to connect with them and asking to help .
I just tell people that according to TeamViewer's licensing it's not legal to use TeamViewer in that way. Always amazes me the number of people who simply don't care about that.