• California,
  • United States

Top Contributors

Endorsement - filtering

Not too sure if this has been discussed.

Just wondering when we doing filtering in Endorsement, such as filtered by Articles, Posts, etc. Isn't that the Member count should be filtered as well?

SnapShot.png
just a thought it should...

Expert Comment

dhsindy2017-03-30 12:34 PMID: 1984127
I do endorsements by past experience and those who are still active.

Expert Comment

Kyle Santos2017-03-30 02:40 PMID: 1984172
Ryan,

If you click that 'Members' tab it should filter the members who have endorsed you.  Or were you expecting it to do something else?

Author Comment

Ryan Chong2017-03-30 09:51 PMID: 1984264
Hi Kyle,

what i mean is this:

Fact: I have given 47 endorsements to 39 experts.

But what i'm seeing is that, once i clicked on individual tab, let's say "Articles", obviously I have been giving 3 endorsements (out of total of 47). But the total experts that received the article endorsement should be less or equals to 3, but not 39.

just to clarify if that should be the correct way. cheers

Expert Comment

Christopher Rourke2017-04-03 11:05 AMID: 1984943
Greetings Ryan,

What you describe is sensible but, it is not how the "Members" tab in the endorsement list functions. Filtering on a content type (Questions for example) does not then filter the number of "Members" based on the content type.

The member tab works only in conjunction with the "Received" and "Given" tabs to alternate between displaying all members whom have endorsed your content, and displaying all members whom you have endorsed respectively.

You can see what types of content were endorsed for/by each member by hovering over the number left of the member's avatar while viewing the "Members" tab list.
 example image

Author Comment

Ryan Chong2017-04-03 07:35 PMID: 1985037
Hi Chris,

tks for explanation.
anyway, it was just a thought that suddenly coming out cheers