• California,
  • United States

Top Contributors

Live - some issues

Well, I was having a Live session with another user earlier today.

I went smoothly and I provided a solution to asker.

The issue is the time is up and there is no time for asker to keep typing comments (timer is hitting 5 mins)

SnapShot.png
Following by that, the asker is asking for additional minutes to be added (11:50am), but I was away for 2mins before I try to respond to that (11:52am). but it seems that the asker now can reply to my comments (11:53am) without adding the minutes (the previous add time request was not completed).

I guess this would be a bug?

And then when the user is leaving the chat room, and undefined  disconnected messaged was showing up.

SnapShot2.png
View Previous CommentsLoad All Comments (10)

Expert Comment

Jackie Man2017-04-05 10:31 PMID: 1985672
the asker is asking for additional minutes to be added

It is not true. It is only a system message.

Author Comment

Ryan Chong2017-04-05 10:33 PMID: 1985675
I would like to hear from EE team instead for better explanation.

Expert Comment

Jackie Man2017-04-05 10:37 PMID: 1985677
I would like to hear from EE team instead for better explanation.

OK

From your first screenshot, it is only you to do the talking and I do not see why the asker will respond to the request.

"After the first 5 minutes expires, the client will be prompted to add time if necessary and submit payment information. You must then either “Accept” or “Deny” the client’s request for additional time, which can be for 15, 30, or 60 minutes."

Source: http://support.experts-exchange.com/customer/en/portal/articles/2288378-how-can-i-provide-live-one-on-one-help-

If the asker did add time, why you do not see "“Accept” or “Deny”?  The Away status will not stop "“Accept” or “Deny”.

Expert Comment

Sina May2017-04-06 07:34 AMID: 1985779
Hi Ryan,

Jackie is correct on most points. From your screenshot, it appears the client exited out of the payment interface without selecting to extend the time.

Our previous functionality cut off communication for the client once time expired, but we found this led to bad experiences for both users if payment was not needed, either because the conversation was completing or the initial assessment was still in progress.

We decided to remove the message restriction to allow these clarifications to continue but also wanted to make sure that the consultant understood when a client did not successfully submit a payment. This scenario is indicated by the system message you've shown. If you see this message in the future at a point when you are ready to assist with the issue, you should ask the client to add additional time (they have a very big button they can use at anytime :) ). Once this occurs, a system message will confirm their payment. If they deny your request you may end the conversation since the timer is expired.

That disconnect message does appear buggy. I'll need to see if I can reproduce it on my end.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions or concerns.

Author Comment

Ryan Chong2017-04-06 08:59 AMID: 1985795
Our previous functionality cut off communication for the client once time expired, but we found this led to bad experiences for both users if payment was not needed, either because the conversation was completing or the initial assessment was still in progress.

We decided to remove the message restriction to allow these clarifications to continue but also wanted to make sure that the consultant understood when a client did not successfully submit a payment. This scenario is indicated by the system message you've shown.
Hi Sina,

Tks for explanation, because I only experienced myself the former but I'm not aware that that message restriction was being removed.

Expert Comment

Sina May2017-04-06 09:52 AMID: 1985816
Glad I could help.