• California,
  • United States

Top Contributors

Email Preference Center... rather vague...

Several questions, after I received multiple ads from Simon E. pushing me to take a CompTIA course that I don't need:
- I clicked in the mail on unsubscribe, but where can I find the Email Preference Center from the main EE screen?
- what do the Yes/No options mean, i.e. what should I select to prevent mails?
- which line should I use to prevent mails about courses?
- and the last line says Unsubscribe from All, is that a Yes or a No?
- why aren't my current settings displayed?

I don't mind to receive some mails, but to be on the safe side I clicked Yes on Unsubscribe from All. I'd like to know how to use these settings so I can reactivate some mails.
View Previous CommentsLoad All Comments (10)

Expert Comment

Modalot2017-05-23 04:01 PMID: 2008835
dhsindy, then it is time to look into the preference page to switch off at least some of those. It works pretty well, with an occasional one "slipping thru", but that can be deleted without any hassle.

Author Comment

Sjef Bosman2017-05-24 08:19 AMID: 2009024
@Nicole,
Thanks for offering your assistance, but as you can see I'm not alone so you'd have to do this for every EE experts (and maybe also a lot of members who are fed up with spam that shouldn't be considered spam but still is.

I'd much rather have a proper Mail Preferences page that doesn't ask me to Unsubscribe but allows me to activate or deactivate mails, and clearly states in what categories all those mails fall. It might even be a Good Idea (thanks Pooh Bear) to add the category to the mail that's sent, so one knows which category or categories to block.

Author Comment

Sjef Bosman2017-05-31 04:08 PMID: 2012808
Oh darn... I received yet another mail/spam from Simone. I've had it, I'm going to Unsubscribe for all mails again, and it had better work this time...

Expert Comment

Sadly, that is how many of us had to make them stop.  Hard to tell what interesting content we've missed...

Expert Comment

unfortunately, I may have just seen the straw that will break my back.  I received several emails some from Simon and some from info@experts-exchange.com imploring me to sign up for the June course of the month, which is one I created (thank you)!  It would have been nice if they at least took my name off the list!

Expert Comment

I've unsubscribed from all as well, even though when I go to the email preferences it appears that my preferences don't save. It seemed I had to do it several times for the emails to stop.

It would also be nice if when I unsubscribe from the emails I stop seeing the banners on the web page as well.