• California,
  • United States

Top Contributors

New "Asked Anonymously" feature really takes important information away from Expert's and now treats what we do as a service more than ever.

In just looking at a question, I now see:

screen shot
 and as a result:

1. I don't know if I've answered questions for them before.
2. What their level of experience might be.
3. That this question might be related to another.
4. Whether the person would be a worthwhile to try and convince to answer questions or volunteer.

I think this site is really starting to loose sight of the original intent "expert's EXCHANGE" (collaboration between people), as you are now hiding identities.   Great way to build a sense of community (NOT).

Not sure why we ran with this, but it doesn't seem well thought out and I for one will not be answering any of these questions.

Jim.
View Previous CommentsLoad All Comments (23)

Expert Comment

[ fanpages ]2017-06-18 12:31 PMID: 2023971
Thanks Andrew.

I have Requested Attention now.

Expert Comment

Rob Jurd2017-06-18 06:27 PMID: 2024118
There's many reasons why they could've been discussing issues via PM.  Now I'm not at liberty to reveal the asker but I can say they've participated in other questions together.

As often happens, at least in the topics I frequent, there's subsequent or follow up questions where I have an advantage because of the previous solutions.  I wouldn't be too concerned at this point and Crystal is doing the right thing by updating the thread.  I've posted in the thread for now but if you see any more evidence of it to RA and let us know.

Expert Comment

[ fanpages ]2017-06-19 01:46 AMID: 2024455
Thanks Rob.

Expert Comment

Jan Springer2017-06-19 07:22 AMID: 2024619
In a non-anonymous environment, I have worked problems offline via PM with the caveat that the problems and their respective solutions get posted when resolved.  Propriety information can be kept private that way and the forum gets populated with a known working solution.

But, non-anonymous and resolution posted.

Expert Comment

Jim Horn2017-07-10 10:17 AMID: 2030469
{Anonymous Asker}  Are there any hot chicks in here??

Expert Comment

Scott Fell, EE MVE2017-07-10 10:35 AMID: 2030478
Propriety info should be obfuscated. If an asker does not want to nake the effort to do that, then they should us live or gigs.