• California,
  • United States

Top Contributors

Training Source

I recently finished a CCNA bootcamp from Global Knowledge, and the class did not really prepare me very well for the exam.  Does anyone else have other reputable training sources that are good?  Class room, online, etc...

Expert Comment

I'm interested to know as well.

Many years ago I used "Intense Schools" and I loved how they ran their classes, really very thorough, with an emphasis on understanding what you were doing, and thinking through problems, so you could pass any exam.

More recently I've been using Global knowledge through work and I find them to be lackluster at best.

What are other good sources?

Expert Comment

Brian B2017-07-06 06:54 AMID: 2029467
If you want to understand the product, I would recommend taking full courses over "boot camps". The latter focuses more on teaching only what is required to pass the exam and not the reasons behind.

Expert Comment

Kyle Santos2017-07-06 07:53 AMID: 2029485

Expert Comment

Hey Brian,

Interestingly enough I found the opposite to be true for intense schools, they called it a boot camp but it was a long deep dive into the subject matter that really made it easy to follow.

I have found most "courses" are too light weight and often don't provide materials prior to class (again global knowledge) because I feel that studying on your own prior to the class is a better use of your time.

Expert Comment

9tut.com

Expert Comment

Brian B2017-07-10 11:41 AMID: 2030516
studying on your own prior to the class is a better use of your time

Totally agree. With free cloud/virtual environments to play with and cheap hardware, the best way to get familiar is practice. Break stuff and fix it...

... Best of all...

Look at problems posted on EE and try and answer them.