• California,
  • United States

Top Contributors

New Feature: EE as a spam platform!

Example A.
Example B.

And this is only going to get worse, with level 0 or level 1 accounts being used for the sole purpose of spamming us with their blogs or "tech news" websites they work for in an effort to get more subscribers/ad revenue/whatever.

Seriously, posts. TERRIBLE idea.
View Previous CommentsLoad All Comments (60)

Expert Comment

PortletPaul2017-07-14 04:46 PMID: 2035699
1. Qualified Experts and Premium Users will be able to hide specific members so that their content no longer appears
-Vs-
2. An option to simply hide all posts

Isn't this the same thing? = NO!

1 requires blocking person by person
2 hides all posts with a single switch

Expert Comment

Andrew Leniart2017-07-14 04:52 PMID: 2035708
@PortletPaul
1 requires blocking person by person ... 2 hides all posts with a single switch
My apologies. You are of course quite right, and it's not an unreasonable request to my mind.  I still think you guys should post a feature request though.

Expert Comment

PortletPaul2017-07-14 05:02 PMID: 2035715
I  never use the home page... it is useless to me... hence I don't see posts at all already. I  dont feel compelled to enter a feature request but those who do care may do so.

Personally I don't see how a feature request gathers community opinion as well as this debate.

Expert Comment

Andrew Leniart2017-07-14 05:32 PMID: 2035754
I  never use the home page... it is useless to me... hence I don't see posts at all already
Then why so keen to be able to turn posts off? lol..
Personally I don't see how a feature request gathers community opinion as well as this debate
It wouldn't gather community "opinion", but what it can potentially show is how many members are serious about wanting a feature introduced, as opposed to just saying something like 'yeh good idea', without actually needing or wanting to use a function that's being discussed. Just my opinion of course.

Expert Comment

PortletPaul2017-07-14 06:38 PMID: 2035759
I did not raise this thread, I  did not suggest the toggle. I  am not keen on the very concept of posts. I feel they merely water down the purpose of EE.

Author Comment

My apologies. You are of course quite right, and it's not an unreasonable request to my mind.  I still think you guys should post a feature request though.

I did submit a feature request. That doesn't instantly mean that it happens, or that we shouldn't continue to petition for it.