• California,
  • United States

Top Contributors

Bunch of issues with latest update

Last night (I guess morning for you), EE generated a loooot of notifications, for what I can guess are inactive questions. The notifications do not follow the "inactive question" format though, so can you please adjust this. Assuming it's not a one-off thing (even so a heads up would've been nice).

Next, when I tried to go over some of these, I noticed that the closure system also has some issues. If I select a single answer, it works OK. If I select a "best answer" and "assisted answer", the closure dialog breaks and splits the points between the selected expert and the asker of the question. So I'm forced to redo the selection, not fun.

Another thing I noticed is that most (all?) of these questions seem to be rated at 1000 points only. I guess this is another change in the points system? I think it's about time you get rid of points and leave only basic stats as part of the gamification system...
View Previous CommentsLoad All Comments (38)

Expert Comment

@Sjef LOL!

Expert Comment

Craig Kehler2017-08-02 10:47 AMID: 2042490
Last night we also removed on-site notifications that had been sent as a result of this bug. Sorry we can't take back the emails :)

Expert Comment

PortletPaul2017-08-02 07:35 PMID: 2042617
1055 received 2017-08-01 UTC + 10
that was slightly more then normal.......cough

happily deletion is simple enough

Expert Comment

PatHartman2017-08-03 07:55 PMID: 2042934
While you're fixing bugs, could you remove the change you made a month ago that tags every post that includes the word "access" as Access.  When people are posting an Access question, they know it and would be unlikely to not include the correct tag.

Expert Comment

While you're fixing bugs, could you remove the change you made a month ago that tags every post that includes the word "access" as Access.
That's not a bug, in my opinion. When asking a question EE looks for keywords/phrases, and suggests Topics accordingly. Trying to determine how the word "Access" is used in context would be tough to do, and ultimately it's up to the question asker to decide which topics to use. Besides, now that Experts can modify topics it's pretty easy to modify the few each month that fall in the wrong bucket.

And I'd much rather EE spend time fixing things that actually matter, like search ...

Expert Comment

sjef bosman:

https://www.experts-exchange.com/discussions/219409/Bunch-of-issues-with-latest-update.html#c2042406

Petty political cartoons have no business on this, or any other, technical site. Please keep them to yourself.