• California,
  • United States

Top Contributors

Neglected Question Points ?

What do Neglected Question Points now yield, when Accepted ?
View Previous CommentsLoad All Comments (18)

Expert Comment

Gustav Brock2017-08-18 07:42 AMID: 2050255
You can just sign off a TA you don't want to be notified about.

Expert Comment

Rich Weissler2017-08-18 11:23 AMID: 2050311
Awesome idea Gustav, thanks.  I've cleared my list of topics to be notified about.
I'd look over the questions which I thought I might be able to help out on, before they'd fall completely thru the cracks... but it would seem the new business model would prefer those low priority questions languish in the cracks unanswered.  I shan't interfere.

Expert Comment

it would seem the new business model would prefer those low priority questions languish in the cracks unanswered
That's a critically important question for the TPTB — is this what EE really intended when implementing the priority feature?!

Expert Comment

mlmcc2017-08-18 12:39 PMID: 2050331
Part of the problem is the askers probably don't see the priority dropdown when creating a new question.  Particularly true for long-time askers.
Default is medium unless you are a free user in which case you can only assign LOW.

I doubt there is any difference in when an email NEW QUESTION alert is sent or received so the priority just plays (if you look at it) into which questions the experts look at first.

mlmcc

Expert Comment

I like the priority setting, AND I like that there are a mix of priorities, in E-E it used to be ratings and you would get more points with a higher rating, but priority makes more sense, I need this answered quickly I want to offer you more points for helping me out@!  Hell I'd even be willing to sweeten the deal if I could to try to get people to come answer neglected questions, I wish they went up in points value to allow me to get an answer when i ask a question but it's too complex and no one even responds.

I also do look to the priority column and try to answer higher priority questions first, because I hope the asker will be more responsive and quicker to close the question, although I still answer lower priority questions if they are unanswered.

Expert Comment

skullnobrains2017-08-19 09:01 AMID: 2050470
priority vs grading ? <==> answer many high priority ones fast VS bother about producing quality answers ?
( ... the one obvious thing that was wrong with the previous system was the default was grade A )

limited VS unlimited points <==> a good reason to close in fairness VS why do these guys bother about petty points ? i paid to get answers !
( ... what is easier to sell does not necessarily make happier customers nor less frustrated members )

the combination of the above changes essentially brings the mindsets of the askers and answerers father away