We’ve shared a few posts recently about the evolution of Live and the changes coming down the pipeline. We’re excited to announce that we are now in beta for the feature that allows consultants to earn points for helping clients in Live.
At the heart of all these improvements is the ease of access to Live for both consultants and clients. One of the biggest current barriers to entry is that experts are required to earn money in order to participate, bringing up the following issues:
- Some of you are prohibited from earning money for providing assistance (ex. job conflicts or Microsoft MVPs).
- Some of you don’t want to affect your income level, take on tax implications, or opt-in with PayPal.
- Some of you just want to help people, for points, like you’ve always done.
Live is a great enhancement to our Q&A platform that give users a more personalized experience to better solve their tech issues. With the introduction of this points feature and new improvements coming down the pipeline, we’re excited to give our community better tools to get solutions in real-time so they can influence the future of technology.
What’s Included in the Beta
Improved “handshake” process
- Live sessions for points include an improved handshake process. These improvements are intended to reduce confusion about the trial period vs. Live session, where consultants earn points. Our goal is to better define expectations so clients know their issue won’t be solved during the trial. These improvements will be rolled out to paid sessions in the near future.
- As with existing paid sessions in Live, consultants will continue with the ability to review and deny a session request.
Note: This beta and feature will not be announced to clients just yet.
- Begins after “handshake” is complete
- 200 points per minute
- Rounded up to the nearest 15-second increment
- Max of 10,000 points per session
- Client requests for a Live session in return for points may occur, because consultants that opt in for points may appear in the recommended consultants and in the chat bar.
- For sessions where points are earned, moderators will be able to review transcripts, modify topics, and adjust points earned if needed.
Client side coming soon
- We will announce this feature to the rest of the community in October.
- Experts that are opted-in to earn cash will continue to receive paid requests from free members, as well as Premium Members that select these consultants.
Already Opted-in to Live?
- Enhancements to the Live session interface and functionality will continue to be made in the coming weeks.
At the moment, consultants who are opted-in to Live for cash are unable to participate in the beta. We are eagerly looking forward to November, when experts will have more flexibility to accept Live requests for points or cash.
We’re excited to launch these improvements in the near future and are happy to provide any needed clarification. We’d love to hear about your Live experiences, your impression of the beta, and other improvements you would like to see. Feedback can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org or posted in this discussion.
We’ll be posting updates on the beta and feature in the Live Group
. Join the group to learn more and stay up to date.