• California,
  • United States

Top Contributors

Web of Trust

This is kind of interesting:
https://www.mywot.com/en/scorecard/www.experts-exchange.com

Currently WOT Chrome addin reports EE as a suspicious website and warns before visiting...
View Previous CommentsLoad All Comments (22)

Author Comment

Alexei Kuznetsov2017-11-13 06:58 AMID: 2070456
Now situation is different
Not so different. There are many articles like this:
https://www.experts-exchange.com/articles/29049/Top-5-Free-OST-to-PST-Converter-Software.html
The title is "Top 5 FREE ..." while none of the mentioned tools is free. Titles like this are disturbing and misleading clickbait.

Expert Comment

Craig Kehler2017-11-15 12:53 PMID: 2071330
We worked with the author to make the title and content more accurate. If you see other articles that you feel are misleading please use the Report Article feature to bring your concern to the Moderators. We will also look into if we need better preventative policies on these.

Expert Comment

Are they really Shareware  or better described as Trailware, Crippleware, Demoware, Nagware ?

Expert Comment

Rob Jurd2017-11-16 02:33 AMID: 2071436
No they're shareware, which is now called trial ware. They work and I've had to personally had to buy one of these converters years ago when backups were optional 😂
They just have limitations until you buy them.

Expert Comment

When I used Shareware in the 80s, and it's a term I've really not seen since then, they encouraged you to use it, share it, distribute it at no cost, and it was Fully functional.

McAfee Anti-virus, and scan.exe was one of those products.

No they're shareware, which is now called trial ware. They work and I've had to personally had to buy one of these converters years ago when backups were optional 😂
They just have limitations until you buy them

so should the title not be Trial Ware  - Top 5 FREE - Trial Ware

Expert Comment

Rob Jurd2017-11-17 06:23 PMID: 2072099
@Andy - I've updated the article