• California,
  • United States

Top Contributors

Not receiving alerts for pending close question EE app

Is anyone facing similar issue where you are not receiving alert in app , but receiving notification only in email for abandoned questions ?
View Previous CommentsLoad All Comments (10)

Expert Comment

John2017-11-25 01:09 PMID: 2074182
Have you tried here?  I find these settings affect Windows (any browser), Apple Mobile App, and Apple Safari website equally.

EE-Notification-Settings.

Expert Comment

noci2017-11-25 01:49 PMID: 2074189
After unsubscribing from the monthly free course announces appearantly my email address got wiped.
If ALL items for merchandise, blogs etc/ are disabled on the last item the address is gone....
There is no option mentioned there for only receiving announcements on new questions being posted afaict.

Also even though i prefer NON-html mail, i do get HTML mail...???

Expert Comment

Rob Jurd2017-11-25 02:48 PMID: 2074191
Can anyone actually confirm that they've received the notification to close an inactive question via the mobile app?

If you look at the screenshot John posted you'll see it's only for "on-site" and "email".  There is no "mobile" notification.

Expert Comment

John2017-11-25 03:02 PMID: 2074194
For normal notifications,  I get them on the Mobile App.

For "this question will be closed" , private message , and maybe some others never came through the Mobile App, only the web app on the phone.

I always saw this as a deficiency and not a bug because so far as I know, the Mobile App was not supposed to the latter notifications.

Author Comment

Ajay Chanana2017-11-25 05:49 PMID: 2074207
It was working from the time i have joined EE, but its been recently changed where notification stopped, This is one more reason I am unable to mark question as closed. As I am unable to open the link in app from email notification.

However If you get the same alert in within app itself, its very user friendly.

For the app issue  where should we contact ?

Expert Comment

John2017-11-25 07:12 PMID: 2074213
Experts Exchange Support. Go down to the bottom of this screen. Lower right. Click on Give Feedback and file the bug. Someone will get back to you.