• California,
  • United States

Top Contributors

[Feature Discussion] - Calendaring of schedules for Askers and Experts.

I received an email which was likely spam, but it gave me an Idea for a Feature/Enhancement for E-E which I think will be useful.

I posted the request in the bugs forum (You can see it here) and thought it might merit some discussion in this group.

https://www.experts-exchange.com/bugs/21825/Enhancement-Feature-Request-Scheduling-Calendar-for-Experts-and-Askers.html

View Previous CommentsLoad All Comments (12)

Expert Comment

<< to the asker that the arrangement is part of Live (Gigs?), and they are paying Live rates for the service.>>

To be clear, are we talking about scheduling for Live and Gigs, or asking questions?

I thought it was about questions, but your last post suggests something else, or possibly even mixing the two, which would be extremely confusing to asker's.

Jim.

Author Comment

Hey Jim,

I wouldn't want to segregate such a useful feature too much into one role.

My thought is experts are best able to make a desision about how they want the time to be used.

It seems like if done right this could be done without too much confusion.

Expert Comment

<<  I wouldn't want to segregate such a useful feature too much into one role.>>

I would think then that your "terms" section would be tossed out if it is going to apply to everything.

Only Live's and Gig's is a paid service, and each of those products already have terms/fees built in.  Q&A of course being totally free.

and I'm not sure how you'd schedule a question.   As soon as you post to the board, it's available to all.

Jim.

Author Comment

Well, as I said, it could be associated with a question.  IE if done right.

EG.  You could have a special option to reply to a question and tick a check-box to offer time-slots you have available in your calendar for Extra Points to allow the author to meet with you to go over their Q in more detail.

You might even be able to offer them to take care of the Q as a pre-defined cost Gig set as a fee for ay time available which would have to be very obviously noted to the asker if you're going to want a fee.

But all of that could be built into a system like E-E.

This Idea doesn't cover all of the details of possible use cases, it's an Idea for a feature, and it would inevitably be able to be implemented in a very simple form, and expanded upon in additional sprints towards deeper levels of sophistication, encompassing all of these scenarios and more.

Expert Comment

Hum, well I can certainly see where it could work and help with Live and also Group Discussions and Private messaging, but I'm not sure how it would help with Gig's or Questions.

Jim.

Expert Comment

Jim Horn2018-02-07 07:16 AMID: 2105971
>to the asker that the arrangement is part of Live (Gigs?), and they are paying Live rates for the service.
I'll withdraw the 'Gigs' part of my commet, as I'm not abundantly familiar with Gigs and my intent was not to confuse people.