• California,
  • United States

Top Contributors

Modirators role to close abandon tickets that they are involved with !!!!!!!

I experienced Moderator closure of a ticket that he had direct involvement with. He felt that his solution was the best so he awarded himself the most points, but one of the other contributors had a much better solution if not the only solution.  
https://www.experts-exchange.com/questions/29079516/How-to-Add-Employee-ID-to-AD-account.html?anchor=a42464168¬ificationFollowed=203784394 

If fell that any meditator that has direct involvement with the question should not be able to close and award points as he/she feels fit.
This is a bias and is something that can easily pad this persons points.

As you can see from the example I linked above.
View Previous CommentsLoad All Comments (38)

Expert Comment

mlmcc2018-02-14 03:59 PMID: 2111435
If you let him rock too often, we may capsize  ;)))

Expert Comment

I actually don't have much problem with the Q Close proceedure, but it can feel a bit underwhelming when the conflict of interests presents itself.

It seems some people are very touch about honest discussion which offers some criticism of the that conflict of interest and how it may affect some people..

however I hope its clear that I mostly have a positive view of the closure process as stands.

Expert Comment

>>If you let him rock too often, we may capsize  ;)))

It's OK, I can swim!

Reminds me of the bear joke:
I don't have to outrun the bear, I just have to outrun you.

>>that conflict of interest and how it may affect some people..

Don't let it get to you!  Conflict is part of nature.

If you feel something here doesn't smell right, let someone know before it bothers you even a little.

If it comes to it, I will volunteer to personally spend a month camped on Rob's/EE's front yards until the problem is solved!!!  Preferably during warm weather...

All I will need is a gofundme account that will get me to Australia or San Luis Obispo for a month and account for my survival needs (I'm easy but not cheap).

I'm thinking Rob would be the best first choice here!  If I can't get it resolved there, then it's off to SLO for another month!

What was that old adage:
Don't take life too seriously.  You'll not make it out alive.

Expert Comment

mlmcc2018-02-15 06:42 AMID: 2111842
Or as your alter ego used to say

EE is just a web site.

Expert Comment

Craig Kehler2018-02-15 04:41 PMID: 2112347
All I will need is a gofundme account that will get me to Australia or San Luis Obispo for a month and account for my survival needs (I'm easy but not cheap).

Beer fund?

EE is just a web site.
When I first became a QA manager I was sent off to a training conference. The guy sitting next to me seemed to have zero sense of humor and I wondered how he would survive as a QA manager. Then I found out he was in charge of testing submarine navigation systems. I was very thankful I didn't work on a life critical system. I thought I lost sleep over bugs that got out...

Expert Comment

>>Beer fund?

Beer is a food group so that goes without saying!  I have to "eat".