Here's your chance to volunteer and join a dynamic team at Experts Exchange!
Since my appointment as Senior Page Editor at Experts Exchange, I've been working to streamline the Article Submissions, Editing and Publishing processes. To achieve my desired goals, I've decided that having a few more trusted page editors on board is needed.
We currently advise authors that it can take up to 72 hours for a submitted article to receive attention - that's often not the case as articles are already being dealt with much quicker, but I'd like to see that estimated time eventually reduced to 24 hours or less. So...
I'm currently looking for skilled writers who are willing to volunteer some of their EE time to help with the editing and publishing process of Articles submitted for publishing to Experts Exchange.
Here's a brief description of what the role entails;
- To assist authors by guiding, editing and publishing of their article submissions on Experts Exchange.
- Review and edit all submitted articles and publish in a timely manner. Ideally, no article should sit longer than three business days without being edited.
- Liaise with the Senior Page Editor and/or Moderators if any difficulties are realised with an article submission.
- Check submissions for plagiarism issues and validate necessary Canonical URL’s where self-plagiarism has been detected.
- Provide guidance, corrections and feedback on the written aspects of an article submission. This includes grammar, spelling and layout.
- Ideally, edits should be made directly for authors and then advise of any changes that have been made. Always try to minimise the need for to/from Author review bounces.
- Help to identify high-quality articles with great content for author recognition awards.
- Picking and choosing the topics you page edit is to be avoided. Page editors should have the ability to edit for any submitted topic.
Though there's a bit more involved, the above is the role “in a nutshell”.
What's in it for me?
The gratitude that results from helping out at Experts Exchange, and having an active role in the site's ever-increasing popularity. You will be a part of the official Page Editor volunteer team, and get to be included and have a say in the growth of article related matters, that other members don't really get a chance to provide much input to.
The appreciation we get from authors for the help in shaping their submissions into great looking and easily readable content is also a huge reward from my perspective. And let's not forget that being accepted as a trusted Page Editor at a site like Experts Exchange can also be quite a feather in your cap, that can be included on your LinkedIn Profile and resume`.
What if I'm not an Expert?
That's OK, it's not what I'm currently looking for. Whilst being a subject matter expert is great, you'll have access to Topic Experts to consult with for any "technical" details about submitted articles.
The people that I'm looking for will have good English Grammar and Writing skills. Be able to edit any article submission from a "readability" standpoint, and assist our authors with those skills.
If the above sounds like you and you're interested in volunteering some of your time, then I encourage you to apply for the role.
Please PM details of your experience and desire to help using the link below, and I will forward all those I think suitable to EE management for appointment consideration.
Not sure? Have Questions?
If you have any questions, or need clarifications, feel free to post them in the comments section of this thread. I’ll do my best to answer them for you.
I’ll be looking forward to hearing from you.
Senior Page Editor
Private Message Me