• California,
  • United States

Top Contributors

Sunsetting Careers

Greetings everyone!

On Monday we will be removing the Careers product from the site. This product did not experience the adoption or level of use needed to remain a prominent product on Experts Exchange. There are currently no active job postings on Careers, so it will be completely removed in Monday’s release (April 9th). This change is another step toward our focus of investing more into our core products and platforms, like the question and answer process and new course offerings.

Regards,

Craig Kehler
Director of Customer Service & Community Relations

Expert Comment

Hi Craig,
we will be removing the Careers product
Good move, imo.
investing more into our core products and platforms, like the question and answer process and new course offerings
I would like to see investing your focus into two additional areas: Gigs and Tools.

Re Gigs, I realize that in your excellent post about it, you said that Gigs "distracted us from our core strength as a business". But, if done properly, I think that a feature like Gigs can be one of your core strengths.

Re Tools, they are currently all free. I'd like to see it expanded along the line of Courses, that is, the author should have the option of posting Tools for free or for Points or for money. I think that a strong portfolio of Tools could be a core strength for Experts Exchange. Regards, Joe