In an effort to continue to provide continuing education opportunities to our members, we’re conducting a complete overhaul of our Course offering. Later this month, we will be releasing a membership subscription add-on called Cloud Class. With this release, our course library will greatly expand to include both highly technical courses and professional business training courses, and it will require changes to the way courses are offered to our member base, including our Qualified Experts (QEs).
Currently, QEs receive complimentary access to our existing Premium membership, which includes the ability to ask unlimited questions and view all existing solutions without delay, as well as other Premium question support features. In honor of the many contributions our QEs make on site, we will be offering QEs a 70% discount on access to the Cloud Class library.
To enroll in Cloud Class, QEs will need to upgrade to a Premium with Cloud Class® membership subscription to use the awarded discount.
If I gain discounted access to Cloud Class one month, will I continue to receive that discount?
What if I am not able to earn enough points in one month due to professional or personal reasons but have earned more than 50,000 points in the past year?
- You will continue to receive the Cloud Class discount as long as you maintain your Qualified Expert status.
- Please note: QE status is gauged on the first of each month based on your prior month’s contribution.
Can I still create courses to make money or can I create courses to qualify?
- In this case, you will still qualify for a free month of Premium access and the 70% discount to Cloud Class. Our guidelines of earning either 3,000 points in one calendar month or 50,000 points in the previous 12 months for a free month of Premium Member access are still in effect.
What will happen to existing enrolled courses?
- You will still gain points for creating free courses. When your course is marked “Published” by a course editor you will receive 10,000 points. You will then receive 500 points for every course enrollment and 1 point per course view. Members will no longer receive money for this contribution.
I'm a volunteer (topic advisor) do I need to pay for a course?
- Any courses you are currently enrolled in will remain in your course library.
Will Lifetime Premium members, the 5 million point club, still be recognized as QEs?
- Yes, with this new add-on structure, Cloud Class will not be available for free with your volunteer status, but it will be available to you for a discounted price (70% off) for your contributions on site.
- Yes, you have gained QE status for life.
Director of Customer Service & Community Relations