• California,
  • United States

Top Contributors

Accessing article views statistics

I received that article views email today for last month.  It got me thinking, is there a way to see which articles are getting how many views in a listing?  I am continually surprised that an article I wrote mostly out of frustration after I bricked my phone gets more views than most of my other articles combined!  Some articles I worked a long time on and thought, I guess incorrectly, that they would get a lot more attention than they do.

Does EE count views of articles in courses?
View Previous CommentsLoad All Comments (8)

Expert Comment

It's been almost a year since my last ping there...I'll try again. Regards, Joe

Author Comment

Thanks.

Expert Comment

Craig Kehler2018-05-02 12:27 PMID: 2158409
I wouldn't say we have no interest in implementing it, rather we haven't prioritized it yet and it has been around a long time :)
It is a good idea.

I'm often surprised how certain articles gain a lot more popularity than others. I would also like to do better reporting on the profile page that shows how people value your contributions.

However, I'm not entirely surprised your article on a bricked phone gets a lot of traffic. I've seen how people react when their phone won't work.

Author Comment

I guess the amount of work you put in to an article, or even how important you think an article is,  doesn't always directly correspond to amount of views.

Although i kinda of know that already.

Expert Comment

we haven't prioritized it yet
:)

Expert Comment

Jim Horn2018-05-03 09:53 AMID: 2158947
SEO search statistics that led to the article being viewed would also help.  I'm having a vague memory that EE removed tags three-ish years ago, which meant that Google searches are only finding the article based on the title, which means now we have to optimize the title in order to optimize the search results.

Two years ago when I did an unscientific Google searching for my own articles I found that often there were low-quality Stack questions higher in search results then my own articles.  Haven't revisited this in a couple of years.

(Disclaimer:  Not an SEO expert)

Tom - I hear you.  My 'Requirements Document Template for a Reporting project' gets way more views then the other articles I thought were more elegant and worthy.