• California,
  • United States

Top Contributors

How to unfollow a "stalker"?

Yay, I got a new follower, but I don't want him to follow me. What can I do?

https://www.experts-exchange.com/members/George-Walton.html
View Previous CommentsLoad All Comments (11)

Author Comment

Sjef Bosman2018-07-06 03:46 PMID: 2210129
It is not the emails or notifications I would be getting, it is just that I don't want him to see my posts, which would allow him to respond to the same questions more easily. I hate leeches.

Expert Comment

Expert Comment

Bill Prew2018-07-06 04:25 PMID: 2210137
Well, you can always not allow any followers...

»bp

Author Comment

Sjef Bosman2018-07-09 02:54 AMID: 2210571
Ok, I understand,: windmills...

Expert Comment

mbizup2018-07-09 04:01 AMID: 2210585
<< but conisdered the feature not worth investing much of development effort into>>

Is it really that much effort to turn a previously developed good feature back on, or use existing code as a basis (is the site that different now)?  

I understand that all followers can be disallowed, but it would be nice to block them individually to prevent the random spammer from using your profile as an advertising platform.  The current setup is analogous to using the main water valve to turn off the kitchen sink.

Expert Comment

Craig Kehler2018-07-09 11:02 AMID: 2210790
We updated the support page. Block was removed back when the profile was redesigned. It was used by so few, less than 1%, and as slightwv pointed out if someone wants to stalk you they can with search. When we reviewed the list of people being blocked, they were mostly people needing moderation. :)

Your followers will see your new submissions like questions, articles, videos and posts in their home feed. But they won't get every comment you make. That can still be done with advanced search, but if someone is "leeching", please report the behavior to the mods. I don't think a block feature will fix that.

There is a beta of the question process underway which aims to improve how the system rewards collaboration.