• California,
  • United States

Top Contributors

New EE footer changes on some screens

I live on the Notifications page and recently noticed a big change:
The EE footer now makes itself very well known when I only have a few notifications.

I find this rather annoying and filed a bug.  It appears that it might be "just me" so I'm polling the Community to see if this impacts the rest of Y'all out there.

Here is the bug with screen shots since I don't want to upload them here:
https://www.experts-exchange.com/bugs/23551/footer-takes-up-most-browser-space.html
View Previous CommentsLoad All Comments (13)

Expert Comment

AndyAinscow2018-11-21 07:28 AMID: 2371855
On my system I only see the footer when at the bottom of a thread.  After a few comments (or a large comment) none of the footer is visible.

ps.  The left bar with experts and latest posts takes about one third of the screen width up - with white space to the right of the comments about another 15-20%

Author Comment

>>at the bottom of a thread.  After a few comments (or a large comment) none of the footer is visible.

Same for me on discussions and questions.  There is normally enough content to suppress its over-aggressiveness.

What about any other pages you spend time on that may not have much content?

Expert Comment

AndyAinscow2018-11-21 07:43 AMID: 2371861
>>What about any other pages you spend time on that may not have much content?

Then it is a non-problem.  It isn't making me scroll things.  I just blank it from my mind automatically because it doesn't make me do anything extra.

Expert Comment

Philip Elder2018-11-21 08:40 AMID: 2371886
Samsung S24E series panels here (1200 high) and that footer does indeed fill the bottom part of the screen when there's no notifications listed.

On Q&A pages it's usually down at the bottom and not too noticeable but with the empty notifications page it's _yuge_! :D

Expert Comment

On a 13" 'retina' display I don't see the issue so much (Safari).
Screen-Shot-2018-11-21-at-17.39.19.png

Expert Comment

Philip Elder2018-11-21 08:46 AMID: 2371895
It is rather overbearing tisn't it:
E-E Footer