• California,
  • United States

Top Contributors

Disappointed in t-shirt

I received my first t-shirt for getting 50,000 points in the topic of Linux but the back of the shirt just says "Master" with the master badge. Shouldn't that say "Master of Linux" (or Master of whatever you get 50,000 points in).

Gotta say I'm disappointed. It's a nice enough t-shirt but because it only says  "Master" it leaves anyone reading it with the question... master of what?
View Previous CommentsLoad All Comments (34)

Expert Comment

PortletPaul2019-01-03 03:36 PMID: 2450266
Ties are a thing of the past here in Oz, please don't offer me a tie!

When I started to get tees from EE they were great quality and had subtle designs that allowed them to be worn almost anywhere.

Now the tees are of a much lighter material, an unattractive grey, and make one look like a billboard.

Expert Comment

Andrew Leniart2019-01-03 03:42 PMID: 2450267
Ties are a thing of the past here in Oz, please don't offer me a tie!

Indeed they are, and I like to think I had at least a "little" to do with the change. I still pop into the old place of work every now and then because we parted on excellent terms. The company has grown substantially yet not a suit and tie to be seen, apart from one senior older accountant who likes to wear bow ties for some reason. I still stir him about them to this day :)

Expert Comment

PortletPaul2019-01-03 03:46 PMID: 2450268
:)

So he is now the maverick and you are mainstream...

Expert Comment

noxcho2019-01-03 10:21 PMID: 2450298
Excellent story Andrew. I see myself in this story as a rebel :)))

Expert Comment

Gustav Brock2019-01-03 11:58 PMID: 2450301
Thanks Andrew.
Let me use the occasion to suggest, once again, that some count of T-shirts could be exchanged for a polo shirt. These are accepted in most businesses, while T-shirts are not.

Expert Comment

Kent Olsen2019-01-04 04:55 AMID: 2450328
Polos are more expensive than Ts, but have a place in the business world.  A polo that subtly advertises for EE could let the experts help get the EE name into our workplace.  Even if the upgrade came at a cost to us, I'd go that way if the artwork/embroidery was such that it wasn't a billboard.