• California,
  • United States

Top Contributors

So dumb question - How do you get a count of the number of posts you've made within the last year?

So dumb question - How do you get a count of the number of posts you've made within the last year?

For the life of me, I can't figure out how to do that with the advanced search.

MVP renewal time is here!

Jim.
View Previous CommentsLoad All Comments (21)

Expert Comment

Martin Liss2019-03-28 07:27 AMID: 2462775
Oh, and when you get the results, choose "Go to list view".

Expert Comment

Craig Kehler2019-03-28 08:00 AMID: 2462783
What Microsoft really wants to know is about reach; "How many times have those questions been viewed?"   I have never been able to answer that.

I've got reports for this, you can't effectively get these stats from search results. The reports can do topic specific and site wide. If anyone else needs this for MVP or similar program renewal just message me.

Expert Comment

I've created a JAR, quick and dirty ;-)

You may download it here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ccf3iw9knxtomd9/ee_activities_year.jar?dl=0

Calling it is quite simple: java -jar ee_activities_year.jar <username> <proxy host> <proxy port>

Proxy host and port is optional.

Give it a shot ;-)

P.S.: Counting posts within discussions doesn't work 100% since you'd have to click the "Load all comments" link, sorry...

Expert Comment

Scott Helmers2019-03-28 09:39 AMID: 2462818
As good as the above options are, an even better solution is to ask https://www.experts-exchange.com/members/scrutinizer.html for the numbers. Over the last year or two Craig has been developing reports specifically for MVPs who need stats for renewal. Once again this year, he provided me with with a summary for question participation -- including views -- and a separate summary for articles. PM him with your request and you should be all set.

Expert Comment

Martin Liss2019-03-28 10:16 AMID: 2462827
That link seems to just take me to Craig's profile. Maybe I don't have the right permissions.

Expert Comment

Scott Helmers2019-03-28 11:03 AMID: 2462842
Correct -- then click the Message button to contact him.