• California,
  • United States

Top Contributors

New EE Mobile App - Thoughts?

So finally, the new mobile app is here. I think it is bit sluggish but still I am loving it. Liked the new look and overall feel but there are some areas which raise significant UX concerns. For example, notifications require you to click on an arrow to open the relevant post - super strange.

Pros -
 - New UX aligned to Web Site - looks really nice. Avatars are eye-popping (or is it just me)
 - Voting Buttons - Helpful/Not Helpful/Solution
 - Expandable comment area is going to be much appreciated - I think

Cons-
 - Overall sluggish UI - Could be very well a problem on my side
 - Notifications require you to click on an arrow to follow the post - pretty weird design
 - Support menu item - When you click on it, it lists three item headers - Email/Phone/Site but does not display associated values until you click on them.

There will be more... but I gotta run now.

All in all, I am happy to see the new mobile experience and hoping to see it grow even further.
View Previous CommentsLoad All Comments (44)

Expert Comment

Gustav Brock2019-07-16 10:01 AMID: 2482620
Oh my, the sound should definitely be an option to shut off. Enough beeping and chirping already.

Expert Comment

John2019-07-16 10:11 AMID: 2482622
Thanks about the ticket.  When I logged in, I allowed Notifications, and just got one - still no sound.  So thanks about your update on the sound.

Waiting is no issue.  I do have it running. But thanks for that update as well.

Expert Comment

Michael Arciniega2019-07-16 10:11 AMID: 2482623
There will be an option to turn off the sound at the os level :)

Expert Comment

John2019-07-16 10:15 AMID: 2482627
Gustav - if you care to look, I am on V3.0.5 now and yesterday evening.

Expert Comment

Gustav Brock2019-07-16 10:55 AMID: 2482636
So am I.

Expert Comment

John2019-07-23 05:50 AMID: 2483386
Last month the No Sound problem surfaced; a week ago the problem was acknowledged; and now IOS 12.4 is out. There is still no sound, so some assistance here would be welcome.