• California,
  • United States

Top Contributors

Where did the My Monitored Questions link go?

The new dashboard layout does not have a link to this page:
My Monitored Questions

Is this page being phased out?
View Previous CommentsLoad All Comments (9)

Expert Comment

Martin Nguyen2019-07-22 01:41 PMID: 2483321
When you click on the Monitored Questions in your workspace, after the 10th question there will be a link to View More which will lead you the dedicated page to go over all your monitored questions.

Martin

Expert Comment

Expert Comment

Martin Nguyen2019-07-22 02:29 PMID: 2483327
Not to be that guy, but https://www.experts-exchange.com/questionsMonitored.jsp would be for monitored questions.

Your link would be for any question you've participated in.

The main distinction between the two is that if you click on the Monitor link in the footer of a question, you can monitor a question and receive notifications for it without needing to comment/participate.
072219-question-footer.PNG
Hopefully this information is useful to everyone :)

Expert Comment

LOL - just monitoring a question will show it under participated questions, right?

Expert Comment

Martin Nguyen2019-07-22 02:42 PMID: 2483331
I think the semantics of the system are very specific in this case.

In my Participated questions, these are ones I've actually made a comment on.
072219-partipcated-qs.PNG
In my Monitored questions, there's a couple questions which I'm monitoring (either to help a user or for my own curiosity) which don't show up under the Participated page.
072219-monitored-qs.PNG
I receive notifications for the questions in both categories. If I click off the Monitor question option by clicking the eyeball in the footer of a question, I won't receive notifications for it any more. I guess this means you receive notifications for any questions you monitor, not necessarily the ones you've participated in, but you'd have to actively turn off Monitoring to stop the notifications.

Expert Comment

I typically use the eyeball to get notifications of comments that are placed. You’re right, just monitoring them does not show them under participated. Only after actually placing a comment d