Here is some of the key takeaways (and the result data attached) that we've identified from the survey.
If you see other points, please respond below.
Points are a valid "reward"; however, not perfect
- first answer (not best answer) receives higher points
- quality over quantity
- not rewarding posters for abandoned questions
"Auto-enroll" for experts has resulted in a significant number of experts who are
unaware of the program or even unaware they were an expert.
Title / designations
- mixed reactions to bronze / silver / gold
- "Verified" could be a MVP or a novice (better definition)
- almost half are responding monthly or less often
- time is primary reason for not participating more often
Benefit to the Expert
- "free site access" / "ability to ask questions for free" as benefit
- professional development
- industry recognition
- helping others mentioned but less frequently than the two mentioned above
- work with vendors like Microsoft to have EE certificates recognized across the industry
Consumer vs. Contributor
- Intent of the user to contribute or consume the information available