• California,
  • United States

Top Contributors

Remove the annoying pink bar that tells me I have 128 days of complimentary premium access.

Title says it all.

I would like to see a way to squelch this notice. Its really annoying.

My account has always been free due to contributions. I plan to keep it that way. Just a tidy little arrow on the right side to minimize it. Or an X to squelch it.

Gareth
View Previous CommentsLoad All Comments (15)

Expert Comment

Owen Rubin2014-11-15 12:50 AMID: 133731
Thanks Brad. an excellent answer.

Netminder, I agree and have already stated that i do not do much here anymore. I used to be very active, and as i said, real paying work became more important, and IMO, EE does not really care about experts that cannot give you lots of free work. Sorry, but there is no way in hell I'm going to pay to answer questions. And seriously, you needed to check up on to see if my comments hold any water? That just feels so wrong. As for Keith, ill be the first to admit he was an ass. Im just trying to set a time frame for when i first started.

Brad,  I appreciate the idea that 3000 points is just two question, but not really. there is a lot of competition, and seldom does one get full credit for an answer. Im not sure anything here is different now. To get enough points, one needs to answer 10 to 12 questions a month in reality and hope for a full credit score, or lots of partials. it is not as simple as you make it sound for most of us.

i do appreciate you taking the time to listen. Thank you. your new changes are the reason Im looking again.

Expert Comment

Netminder2014-11-15 02:21 AMID: 133740
orrubin,

EE does not really care about experts that cannot give you lots of free work. Sorry, but there is no way in hell I'm going to pay to answer questions.
I can't argue with you -- certainly not with regard to the prior regimes; I've been doing this for twelve years, and have been a member here for fifteen, and while I've heard a lot, my father taught me that what people say doesn't mean much -- just what they do. The jury is out on the current regime, but there's more promise there than there has been since I've been around.

And seriously, you needed to check up on to see if my comments hold any water? That just feels so wrong.
Not at all. Thirteen years ago, when I became a Mod, I "knew" damn near every Expert on the site; your username wasn't familiar. So I took a look at your profile, and the reason I didn't recognize it is apparent: you're an Apple guy. Since what I know about using anything made by Apple can be written on the back of a standard business envelope, the unfamiliarity makes perfect sense.

Your comments -- except for the activities of Mr McCurdy -- were perfectly valid some time ago; they're not so much so now, but since you're not, by your own admission, a regular participant at EE, that's also reasonable. My interest is in changing your perception of EE, but I'm somewhat limited by the systems we have available. I wouldn't be doing this for all this time if the EE community weren't important to me, and that's particularly true of people who haven't used it very often or for a long time.

N

Author Comment

Gareth Gudger2014-11-15 04:59 AMID: 133758
@orrubin.

I can understand your need for paid work over free work. I am a consultant myself. Have you checked out the new Hire Me function in EE? I can safely say this has led to two brand new clients for me just this last month when I turned it on. Already been paid too. ;)

Expert Comment

Owen Rubin2014-11-15 10:05 AMID: 133787
Garett, I will check that out. Thanks.

Thanks Eric, I appreciate the clairirication. Off line, I can tell you my own Keith stories. :-)

Expert Comment

Netminder2014-11-16 02:18 AMID: 133948
orrubin,

*laughing*... the email address is still the same.

N

Expert Comment

Owen Rubin2014-11-16 07:04 PMID: 134033
Stand by. Got your address now. Thanks.