Top Contributors

SQL Server Gigs

Developers needed ** or ** gigs needed discussion.
We reserve the right to offer colorful color commentary on what you're asking for, especially for lacking details..

IF YOU NEED A DEVELOPER PLEASE PROVIDE
   Start date/end date
   Pay rate on a W2/1099 basis.  Any failure to include this using terms like DOE or Negotiable will be heavily mocked.
   Work on location or remote?  (Hint:  Experts reading this are from all over the world, so remote is strongly suggested).
   Part time, full-time, or as needed?  Many developers here have pockets of time for development, troubleshooting, or mentoring.
   Who's the client, and what's your role?  Are you the hiring manager, staff HR person, or recruiter?
   Skills needed (at least 50 words)
   If this is for a specific project, be prepared to pony up as complete a requirements document as you have.
View Previous CommentsLoad All Comments (9)

Expert Comment

PortletPaul2015-02-10 03:36 PMID: 144339
I have no idea what this means:

Pay rate on a W2/1099 basis.

We really are a global community and: USA <> Global

Author Comment

Jim Horn2015-02-10 05:45 PMID: 144356
Let me know how it should read.  Pay rate on a W2/1099/GBP/Bottles of Scotch/ ?

Expert Comment

PortletPaul2015-02-10 06:09 PMID: 144357
:), as long as it's clear I'm fine with whatever W2/1099 means

It's really a dig at residents of a certain moderately sized patch of earth who expect others also sharing earth to know what they mean.

Author Comment

Jim Horn2015-02-11 07:48 AMID: 144565
That specific moderately sized path of earth you are quoting is where 'The Hobbit', 'Hercules', and 'Zena The Warrior Princess' were filmed, so you should be able to do some ancient-ninja-magic stuff and figure that out...

Expert Comment

dbasetrouble2015-02-24 04:26 AMID: 146183
Let me help you out:
It would be a 1099 job.  In other word you would have to take care of your own taxes.
We would start with a phone conference to help give a more detail understanding of the project.
Then we would negotiate a price.  Most of the work would be done remotely with a possibility of one onsite visit.  I am the procurement manager for the City of Sarasota, Florida.  I would be the one negotiating the contract.

Author Comment

Jim Horn2015-09-11 08:50 AMID: 1753883
If anyone considers themselves a business-friendly architect (SQL, Oracle, ..) and have any semblance of SalesForce.com experience, and would entertain a career moving to being a combined SalesForce.com UI / SQL architect, send me an email at jim@jimhorn.biz.

Magnet 360 ( http://www.magnet360.com/ ) is a Minneapolis, Minnesota based consulting company of around 100 people.  Remote friendly.

These guys tried to offer me such a job, and the only Salesforce.com experience I have was six months connecting to it as a data source with SSIS / Pragmatic Works Task Factory.

Jimbo