• California,
  • United States

Top Contributors

Slight Change to the Question Wizard is Coming on Feb 16th

I wanted to give you all a heads up on a change we'll be releasing to the question wizard. If you don't ask a lot of questions, it's not going to be apparent to you but it's something that many of you have suggested to us in order to make it easier for Askers to identify the right topic areas for their questions.

The search tab will now be the default, and will automatically search the body of the question and make topic area suggestions right away. At this point the asker can select from the presented lists and submit the question.
View Previous CommentsLoad All Comments (20)

Expert Comment

Brian Matis2015-02-16 05:23 PMID: 145166
This is now live, and I'd love to know how it's working out for everyone.

Expert Comment

John2015-02-16 05:28 PMID: 145167
I rarely ever ask questions, but I did try it and it appeared to work fine. Need to chat seems a nice touch. I could not finish because I had nothing to ask 😄

Expert Comment

aikimark2015-02-16 05:28 PMID: 145168
* It seems to be working as I described how it should work.
* You have also fixed the three zone limit problem

Expert Comment

Brian Matis2015-02-17 10:50 AMID: 145318
Great, glad to hear it!

aikimark, I am a bit confused as to what you mean by the three zone limit problem. Could you please clarify? (This change shouldn't have had any impact to the number of zones/topics allowed.)

Expert Comment

aikimark2015-02-17 10:55 AMID: 145319
There was a problem that a question couldn't be in more than three zones.  It made the zone advisors' jobs more difficult since we often had to remove zones before adding zones  in order to stay within the three zone limit.  The correction to that problem must have gone in with this question wizard change.

Expert Comment

Brian Matis2015-02-17 11:20 AMID: 145320
Ah, yes. That's right. Advisers can add extra topics beyond the limit that normal members get, and we had a bug on that for a bit. Thanks for the clarification and validation on that fix as well, aikimark!