• California,
  • United States

Top Contributors

Confused on leaderboard points

When I look at a topic leaderboard.

It will say someone has:
4000 points yesterday under the weekly tab.
4000 points yesterday under the monthly tab.
10,000 points yesterday under the yearly tab.

Why do we see discrepancies between the yearly and the other two? Especially when they all report as "points yesterday"?
View Previous CommentsLoad All Comments (7)

Expert Comment

Netminder2015-02-11 07:57 PMID: 144645
Without looking at concrete examples and screen shots, the best I can tell you is that different totals are calculated at different times; they aren't updated instantaneously.

Thanks, Paul -- we cross-posted.

Netminder
Senior Admin

Author Comment

Gareth Gudger2015-02-11 08:01 PMID: 144647
Ah ok. So there is some latency around this time of night as it updates each one. I checked again and they all match. So somewhere 10:30pm ish EST they are out of sync.

Expert Comment

Netminder2015-02-11 11:08 PMID: 144651
Yeah, I can't say that I've ever really asked for a complete schedule for when each cron job runs; I know most run once a day, and I thought someone told me that the points on a member's main profile page update immediately -- but don't quote me because my colleagues say I'm getting old.

Expert Comment

CRON jobs are running at different times! (and sometimes they don;'t run at all!)

if you look at the daily stats!

Author Comment

Gareth Gudger2015-02-12 04:08 AMID: 144701
Yea I think if you look at your Rewards section you can see immediate changes.

Expert Comment

The only one which is in real time is the Points per Expert, in their Profile! e.g. total points.

(all the other points, are in lag....)

and the point totals, which are calculated, when you get an email, with Accepted or Assisted Answers!

Having "delved" into the points system, over the last four years!