1. Either install the CD\DVD into the drive and let it auto-start, or browse to the drive and double-click the Browser file
2. Select the appropriate language
3. Choose to either run the Pre-Installation check, or Install Products to proceed with the installation
4. For the installation, select Backup Exec, then click Install
5. Read and accepts the license agreement. Click Next.
6. Select the type of installation (local or remote). Click Next.
7. Review the environment check. Address any issues before proceeding with the upgrade.
8. Enter the Backup Exec 2014 license keys. CAUTION: Ensure the proper licenses have been acquired. Failure to do so will result in the install only being a 60 day trial.
9. Select any additional features or options that you are licensed for installation. Click Next.
10. Select the desired language (English is the default). Click Next.
11. Enter the service account information. Click Next.
12. If desired, change the location of the installation path. If no change, click Next.
13. Either accept the default, or enter a path to place the current Backup Exec database. Click Next.
14. Review the installation and upgrade overview, click Next
15. The migration report will be generated and can be viewed in the browser. Before proceeding, you must check the box acknowledging it has been reviewed. Click Next.
16. The install of Backup Exec 2014 will then proceed. This process will take approximately 30 minutes depending on the system.
17. Once the installation is complete, review the options, then click Finish.
18. Once restarted, allow LiveUpdate to run in order to ensure the system is at the most current version
19. Launch the application and review the settings. Ensure that all systems, jobs, and task have been migrated to the new version.