Andrew N. Kowtalo
Ft. Erie, ON – 716.261.8148 – email@example.com – US Citizen/Permanent Resident - Canada
Senior IT Support Leader
System Administration – Software Engineering – Technical Support
Coaching & Mentoring Analytical, highly adaptable professional with extensive experience developing, installing, configuring, and administering a wide range of systems while training clients in an easy to understand manner.
Skilled in aligning business goals with technology solutions that drive process improvements. Proven track record of success with many systems.
Knowledgeable professional continually focused on delivering and executing successful, large-scale projects.
Strong aptitude and comfort within Microsoft-based server environments, along with all peripheral processes.
Accomplished communicator skilled in building and strengthening relationships across functions to drive cohesive, strategic operations.
LUME STRATEGIES Williamsville, NY 2018-2020
MSP Support Engineer / IT Admin
• Spearheaded the delivery of high-quality on-site and remote technical support to a wide range of clients to achieve 99% of SLA, providing innovative implementation, data recovery, and backup solutions.
• Played an integral role in integrating Remote Solution Monitoring for all solution center clients.
• Constructed server and workstation solutions for various clients to transfers infrastructure from older supported operating systems to Windows 10 (Server 2016 and 2019).
• Actively partnered with various vendors to ensure uptime and stability for 3rd party applications for multiple clients to resolve complex issues to maintain workflow.
• Trained onboarding employees, providing documentation and individual coaching to ensure alignment with best practices and drive high customer satisfaction.
• Established training processes in alignment with client requests, including how to create tickets for support through remote utility managed by Lume.
PCA TECHNOLOGY GROUP Cheektowaga, NY 2015-2017
Managed Services Support Coordinator
• Responsible for overseeing, resolving, and escalating support calls and tickets; monitored high-priority tickets to ensure efficient and optimum resolution.
• Created internal documentation infrastructure for allotted support to all MSA/PSA-contracted clients; constructed documents of client infrastructure on how to access their networks.
• Aided clients with on-site Datto Backup and Disaster Recovery (BDR) solutions; collaborated with vendors to tackle various issues, including backup failures, virtual boot errors, and data maintenance.
• Identified and resolved issues related to on-site deployment of new clients through use of Labtech.
• Served as Inventory and Shipping Manager, overseeing inbound/outbound inventory management for all purchased equipment; assisted in inventory assessments, providing counts of internal hardware.
• Monitored file system integrity diagnostics and anti-virus scans to identify and repair system problems and detect malware to avoid shutdown.
• Assessed HP Array utility for errors or notice, HP system management home page for any alerts and APC status and last self-test date.
EARTHLINK TECH CARE Amherst, NY 2011-2015
Tech Care Level 3 Support Specialist
• Oversaw Level 3 support for 1,200+ locations, troubleshooting across PC, Mac, and server platforms for 1,100+ clients; performed support via phone/email requests with under 4-hour SLA resolution time.
• Applied in-depth knowledge and expertise to serve as the point of contact for technical questions, procedures, and immediate resolution of phone and email queue backlog.
• Provided Active Directory and remote server support, including Exchange, IMAP, and POP, for various locations, supporting local and remote users.
• Utilized exceptional leadership skills to serve as Level 3 trainer for onboarding and coaching new techs.
TIME WARNER CABLE Buffalo, NY 2010-2011
Customer Support Center Tier 2 – Business Class Technical Support Specialist
• Successfully provided full regional and national support for internet, digital phone, and cable TV services, and technical support for cloud computing.
• Served as a key member of the CTAC and CSAT resolution monitoring and feedback team for open-case ticket venues.
Network / Desktop Support & Teleradiology Specialist, HEALTHTRAC INC. Buffalo, NY, 2009-2010
Teleradiology Engineer, MOBILE DIGITAL IMAGING Buffalo, NY, 2006-2009
Cisco, SonicWALL, Juniper, Active Directory, GoToMyPC, LogMeIn, Microsoft LiveMeeting, ConnectWise, Datto RMM, Datto PSA, Windows Server
EDUCATION AND CREDENTIALS
Associate of Science in Computer System Management, Bryant and Stratton Institute
Certifications: Datto Tech I and II Product Certified | Cisco AMP Training & Support | Mersive Certified | AWS Certification (In Progress)