- Maintain the company's support infrastructure, manage, update, and monitor those systems.
- Manage and maintain customers in a variety of system in the medical, aerospace, military, and legal industries.
- Migrated infrastructures from older Windows Server platforms to Windows Server 2012
- Established continuous process improvement procedures for customers.
- Work with clients to manage all aspects of their IT Infrastructures, Cost and Training.
IT Infrastructure Manager
February 2006 – August 2013
· Managed the company's network infrastructure, analyze usage, monitoring logs
· Established continuous process improvement at all levels in organization
· Created policies and procedures for effective management and business development
· Developed and implemented business practices improving and reducing operating expenses
· Analyzed existing support infrastructure and developed new procedures
· Analyzed network trends collaborated with management on future needs, engineered solutions
· Applied strong team building and brainstorming techniques to identify / resolve issues
RHI-Kurt Manufacturing Company
September 2004 – December 2005
• Migrated infustructure from Windows NT4 to 2003 Server
• Migrated Exchange 5.5 to 2003
• Analyzed network structure to secure and centrally manage all network resources.
• Implemented a standardized build structure to reduce over all trouble calls.
• Implemented tracking to measure failures and gains in the IT structure.
• Audited hardware and software for compliance with licensing agreements.
• Implemented asset tracking to get a greater knowledge of company resources.
• Implemented script and batch files to decrease build times by 50%
• Created visual “How-to” documentation for end-users.
• Reduced new asset cost by 15%.
United Building Center
February 2002 – September 2004
• Designed and implemented a peer-to-peer network with emulation to a UNIX based control unit, with daily backups of all Windows based clients
• Organized and clearly labeled facility inventory to reduce cycle counts times by 200%
• Maintained local database of two thousand plus items.
• Additional responsibilities included but not limited to managerial functions, merchandizing, new product evaluation, and day to day functions of retail store entity.
Senior Level Technicial
August 1997 – January 2002
• Installation, configuration and support of all desktops, workstations, laptops, and thin-clients.
• Lead man on upgrade team for software and hardware upgrade to the Windows 2000 Professional platform
• 24/7 on call to resolve trouble calls for any and all power-up, peripheral devices and connection to local area network with desktop, workstation, laptop, thin-clients, and servers both UNIX and Windows NT/2000.
• Implemented and maintained preventive maintenance service on a routine schedule for all platforms under contract.
• Additional responsibilities included special projects and services and maintenance of the spare parts inventory.
Associate Level Computer Technician
McKesson Drug Company
August 1994 – August 1997
• Built desktop computers to connect to a small peer-to-peer network
• Wired office to connect to an AS400 system.
• Supported Windows 3.11, Windows 95, Lotus SmartSuite 97, Microsoft Word 6.0, Excel 6.0 and Access 2.x
No Education Background shown
School of Hard Knocks
1994 – Present
Several Professors explained that if you want to stay current in this field, you will never learn it at a college you will continue to educate yourself until you decide not to do this profession anymore.
Assist clients with their technology challenges...