• Perform general maintenance on PCs for clients of CST, Inc.
• Upgrade and maintain network infrastructure for clients of CST, Inc., including server, switch, and firewall management.
• Administer the network infrastructure and servers for Clarke Community School District in Osceola, Iowa.
• Collaborate with the administrative staff of Clarke Community School District regarding Information Technology projects.
o Assist with the planning and rollout of a one-to-one program for iPads to all students from second to twelfth grade.
o Aid in planning and implementing a server upgrade project wherein most of the district’s servers were converted to VMWare servers, and several servers were upgraded from Windows Server 2003 to Windows Server 2012.
• Update and maintain PCs and Macintosh computers for Clarke Community School District.
December 2011 – June 2012
West Des Moines, IA
• Managed creation, deletion and maintenance of Active Directory accounts for Fiserv, Inc. and its clients.
• Deployed icons and published applications for users of Citrix XenApp.
• Responded to ticket and call-based requests to resolve a variety of software issues.
August 2009 – October 2011
• Maintained and updated company equipment and software using images with WinPE and imagex.
• Configured company equipment for use with classes, including network and software configuration and installation
• Managed company’s network, including addition and removal of users, permissions, and PCs in Active Directory.
• Planned and implemented an upgrade of Windows Server 2000 to Windows Server 2008 and 2008R2, including migration of Active Directory users and permissions between servers.
• Upgraded from Exchange Server 2000 to Exchange Server 2007, including migration of mailboxes between servers.
• Created and delivered presentations for purchasing new computer hardware, including PCs, laptops and servers.
• Budgeted for cross-country trips taken by instructors to teach at various client locations all across the United States.
• Managed approximately 25 technical and soft–skills instructors
May 2009 – August 2009
• Instructed clients in the use of the Microsoft Office 2003, 2007 and 2010 Suites, and provided technical certification training to clients as assigned.
February 2009 – May 2009
• Installed Windows platforms using a variety of imaging software solutions.
• Created batch files for automation of certain upgrade and installation procedures.
• Modified a number of malfunctioning XML scripts to streamline upgrade process.
PC Refresh Technician
October 2008 – October 2008
Aliso Viejo, CA
• Utilized Norton Ghost to install Windows XP image on new computers.
• Updated software, migrated user data and performed basic networking tasks on new computers.
Computer Migration for Cor-O-Van
Robert Half Technology
September 2008 – September 2008
• Prepared PCs to be moved from their original location to the client’s new building.
• Set up and reconnected PCs at new location for client.
Help Desk Assistant
Des Moines University
August 2008 – August 2008
Des Moines, IA
• Performed troubleshooting for software and networking client for students with Dell laptops using Windows Vista as well as handheld devices.
• Recorded troubleshooting techniques in HEAT call-logging software.
• Configured VideoLAN software to allow students to stream audio into Microsoft OneNote during lectures.
• Set up printer settings and Microsoft Outlook to forward specific printer maintenance e–mails to correct individuals.
Computer Refresh Technician
August 2007 – October 2007
• Installed Windows XP using Norton Ghost.
• Performed installation of user-requested software and hardware on new machines as approved and set up or restored network connections and user data prior to deployment.
• Deployed new machines to users and performed basic troubleshooting of software problems as they occurred on-site.
• Analyzed old PCs using diagnostic software and assembled as many working computers as possible from the functional parts.
Computer Refresh Technician
Erb's Business Machines
July 2007 – August 2007
Cedar Rapids, IA
• Unpacked and prepared new computers for shipping to site.
• Installed new computers in local elementary schools.
No Education Background shown
University of Iowa
Bachelors of Arts
2004 – 2007
Des Moines Area Community College
Associate of Arts
2002 – 2004
I am a certified Microsoft Expert with experience primarily in the Windows Server and basic switch/router maintenance areas. I have been working recently to increase my proficiency with VMWare products and services as well.