Manager; IT Consultant
Azteq Pty Ltd
2000 – Present
Over the period of 2000-2009 I slowly grew my business acquiring new customers through word of mouth.
Over the period of 2010 - 2014, I grew from being self employed to managing a company of 5 full time consultants and 2 part time support staff. In the process, I transformed the company from a Break Fix based model to a Managed Service Provider model.
I introduced Labtech - a Remote Monitoring & Management (RMM) software - to automate the management of our clients devices and ConnectWise - a Professional Services Automation (PSA) software to better manage my company.
We offered expert support services for customers' computing and networking requirements - from hardware installation, software training and work flow analysis through to Internet access and Web site design.
We worked with small to medium enterprises based in the Sydney area, optimising their technology investment to improve business processes and maximise profitability through the use of computer technology.
We assisted our customers in all facets of their IT & technical requirements including but not limited to:
- Maintain, manage and upgrade critical Windows based servers,
- Design & troubleshoot LAN, WAN, VOIP, WiFi, Firewall, UTM, Routers and security infrastructure,
- Design, maintain and monitor disaster recovery solutions,
- Liaise with contractors and suppliers to create & maintain web sites, phone systems,
- Troubleshoot and maintain cloud based services and applications.