Sr. Network Engineer
October 2011 – October 2018
Primary Engineer for SourceHOV Special Projects, New Technologies initiatives and Merger and Acquisition transition and integration. Instrumental in the operational development of the Special Projects line of business (a new, key strategic vertical for SourceHOV), the research, evaluation and deployment of new technologies aimed at operational efficiency, flexibility and growth and the re-engineering of internal and acquisition networks for effective support of current operations, efficient deployment of business processes and agile integration of future projects.
• SME in NIST, FISMA, DIACAP network design, engineering and implementation.
• Evaluate new technologies for potential implementation to network environment on basis of replacing dated technologies, complementing existing tech and/or creating new avenues of efficiency and/or operational capability
• Review green field site mission and projection needs. Design, engineer and deploy network architecture to accommodate those needs
• Direct oversight and engineering responsibility for 30 sites globally including eastern U.S., Canada and Philippines
• Direct support responsibility to nearly 200 sites globally including North America, Europe, China, India and Philippines
• Evaluate current network architecture against needs, functional goals and growth forecast, develop needs/functional analysis, make purchase recommendations and submit/implement design/engineering proposals
• Design, engineer, configure and manage network router and switch technologies including BGP, EIGRP, OSPF, RIP, NAT, PAT, ACLs, HSRP, QOS, VLAN, STP, VTP over enterprise 802.3, TCP/IP v.4 networks
• Implement, configure and manage network security equipment including Check Point firewall, VPN, IPS/IDS, PIX/ASA, Cisco ACS
• Assemble, mentor and supervise junior networking staff including educational goals, technical tasks and responsibilities and occupational development activities