Developing professionally since 1987 across both the full Microsoft stack and Unix/Linux.
Expertise in design and development using C/C#/SQL/ASP/.Net/VB/XML/X
See my blog: http://the-simple-programmer.blogspot.co.uk
My last project was the design, development and implementation of a fully fledged Electronic Patient Records system for a large NHS Trust, using Microsoft SharePoint to hold both draft documents and records utilising the records centre technology, drop off library, and workflows to convert documents (Word format) into PDF/A format after submission to the Records Centre.
* 12+ SharePoint features to configure the various custom areas of the system (lists, security, BCS, masterpages, delegate controls, record validation control, custom configuration using the property bag, custom legitimate relationship security control, custom cancel control etc)
* custom VSTO tool to enable the checking in of documents to the drafts area which linked to the Patient Administration System to lookup client information
* custom .aspx upload page to replace the SharePoint standard page, linking to the PAS system to enforce data quality and increase simplicity to users
* an SSIS extraction module in order to provide management reporting information, and reports
* The overall design of the system, including rationalisation of document types and providing a template standard
* Business analysis
* Architectural topology, including commissioning of dev/test/staging/live systems
* full documentation and training to systems engineers and trainers, and all technical documentation including technical spec.
I have an MSc (merit) in Health Informatics from Sheffield University.