I am a software engineer for a company in Charleston, SC currently doing web development, graduated from Clemson University, and had to quit drinking coffee because I was becoming addicted.
I am exceptionally skilled in using the Internet Explorer DOM with MS JScript. Any intranet development questions you have that are specific to IE should be identified as such so that I can address them with the best code possible.
I accept programming requests and EE question invitations.
[email address currently changing]
1. Is the code for a browser or WScript?
a. Which browser(s) does/do your code need to work on?
2. EXACTLY what is the problem?
a. Is there an error code/message/line number?
b. What doesn't work when you say, "it doesn't work"?
c. Is there a special circumstance during which the error occurs?
d. Is the error browser-specific?
3. Include a sufficient amount of code.
a. It usually helps to know what is calling the erroneous code
- If the caller is an element event, what is the element and where is it?
- If the caller is in-line code, what are the values of the passed parameters?
b. Are there any methods called before the error?
c. Are any elements accessed in the code before the error? What are they?
4. Is your code generated by server scripts?
a. Please load the page in a browser, copy the source, and show us what is generated.
5. Follow up with the responses.
a. Experts try to respond in a timely manner, please reciprocate the effort. ;)
6. Always, always, always PAQ your question or ask for a refund if it was never resolved.