Software Development Manager
Autentys International srl
May 1998 – November 2012
Software Development Manager with the Italian ISV Autentys International srl (http://www.autentys.com/, formerly Six Progetti SpA), and leader of the Research team to integrate the development pipeline in one single production line encompassing all, from the first analysis to the deployment. Since 2002 until mid-2007 I have managed and supervised the analysis of an innovative DMS (Dealer Management System) using the Mérise system integrated with UML (ERD and COR). The project has been designed from scratch for .Net (C#, VB.Net, MVC) and Multi-Tier (MS-SQL Server and IBM DB2/400) development. In 2006, while finalizing the analysis, we started the actual production and we delivered the full system in 2008. I have managed the whole project and the developers’ teams, also dealing with the Human Resources needs and presenting the phases of our new project to the customers’ manufacturers (RENAULT, IVECO and VOLVO). I have directed and participated in the whole product pipeline, from R&D to Development, QA and update cycles. In my position, I implemented a personalized revision of the Extreme Programming methodology (an excellent Agile spinoff) The product (Synaxi) is currently in use by the customers in Italy (IVECO, VOLVO and part of RENAULT networks).
I also conceived and developed three network communication management software (one based on native TCP/UDP over Sockets and two based on WCF as Web Services). I have furthermore analysed, coordinated and taken part to the development process of several satellite products necessary to manage the operational necessities of large automotive dealers.
Among my functions, beside development and management, there are the design of the network solutions (local and geographical), the identification of the materials and the suppliers, as well as the management of the projects and their onsite implementation.
I was also responsible for the IT design of Autentys International’s customers; this includes system, network, connectivity and security design. This is part of my side roles as acting CTO and CSO.
The contract ended because of unforeseen consequences of the economic crisis in our target, so Autentys in 2012 shrunk to less than 20% of the original company size, aiming to closing down.
• Delivering cutting-edge software solutions
• Client IT Infrastructure design and implementation as part of our turn-key package.
• Supporting pre-sale team, presenting the solutions to the clients
• Managing other developers supporting other employees and providing technical advice to CEO and meeting along the CEOs of our key customers.
• Representing the company in a sales capacity.
• Designed and ported the Dealer Management System from dumb-terminal to n-Tier client-server infrastructure
• Designed two network communication protocols to satisfy dealership<->producer connectivity
• Designing solution architectures
• Project management, team management.
• Assigned and reviewed tasks.
• Facilitated communication between the IT team and business representatives.
• C# and VB.Netprogramming (1.0-3.5)
• C/C++ programming
• Cool-Plex programming
• SQL database design (ERD) and deployment