Responsible for data migration for our Mutual Fund Record Keeping product from various sources including SQL Server, COBOL flat files, ANSI/EBCDIC Text Files, Excel spreadsheets, etc. to SQL Server database. Have developed a tool to extract data from above sources to SQL Server database or Text files.
Below are the salient features of the tool:
- Import COBOL copy books to define the source record structure OR define manually
- Auto-populate source file structure from header in Excel/Text files
- Build target table structure based on source file structure OR define manually
- Parser to view raw data (source) and define column breaks
- Source Data Browser to view parsed data in a grid
- Define Source to Target mapping with basic support for expressions
- Option to combine a set of extractions as a project
- Run extractions in bulk copy mode or single record mode
- Get reports of extractions processed
- Backup/Restore SQL Server databases
- Run SSIS Packages
I have also developed below tools:
- .net application to process images and import into document management system.
- Excel utility to run test cases on multiple databases and extract failed data into different tabs/single tab in a separate spreadsheet.
- .net application to run SQL queries multiple databases and display results in multiple grids
I have also won an award for Best Individual Contributor for the period 2009-2012, and 2 helping hands awards from Envision.
Perot Systems TSI (Presently DELL)
March 2004 – June 2007
Responsible for production support of a Loan Origination software product and enhancements to the product. The software was developed in PowerBuilder 9 with Sybase Enterprise 12.0 as backend.
I have won an award for individuals for best performance from here.
Software Fusions India (P) Ltd.
February 2001 – March 2004
Responsible for development and maintenance of software for Financial Accounting, Inventory Management and Payroll Processing, with PowerBuilder 7.0 as front end and SQL Server 6.0 and Sybase ASA 6.0 as backend.