Cloud/Infrastructure Solutions Architect
Wabtec US Rail Inc
January 2015 – Present
Orange Park, Florida
Part of the Digital Operations and Technical Strategy (DOTS) team, assigned and focused on cloud-based DevOps architecture and application migration, consultation and guidance for Wabtec and Legacy General Electric (GE) Transportation application environments. Working as a key part of the DevOps engineering team, responsible for Amazon AWS cloud performance support, automation, deployment and overall infrastructure design. Focused on helping GE with the internal cost-out initiative to help with overall costs.
• Successfully completed “Architecting in AWS” class with Amazon services, utilizing AWS services for lab and actual business application concept needs for GE business units.
• Utilized several automation and deployment applications such as Scalr, Chef, Git and Jenkins for Continuous Integration and deployment (CI/CD) needs using Ant and Maven for JBoss and Tomcat apps. Tuned Apache for proxy needs in addition to AWS ELB configurations.
• Accessed the Amazon AWS console environment through GE’s Single Sign-On (SSO) system and deployment needs for GE Transportation business users utilizing AWS services including VPC, CloudWatch, ELB, EC2, S3 and RDS.
• Ensure ServiceNow incident resolution escalation processes are functioning appropriately
• Provide relationship management and troubleshooting for applications, infrastructure and projects
• Utilize quality tools to monitor progress and identify process improvement opportunities
• Manage the ongoing relationship management (rhythm of review, SLAs, troubleshooting)
• Developed/Implemented a NGINX & HAProxy streaming SQL Proxy solution for allowing Azure and Amazon MSSQL RDS instances to be able to do “Linked Servers” with On-Premise MSSQL hosts.