IT Technician & Senior System Administrator
March 2015 – Present
Technical support by phone, email, remote control or on-site visit are my main roles in Provident CRM / Technology, with a wide range of sub-sections.
I do System Administration at a Senior level, building server environments from scratch, designing infrastructure and network management, configuring OS, backup tools, hardware monitoring and other.
While in my casual days I do technical support for our clients, with who, I have a very strong raport of trust, sometime I do custom projects too, such as: 3rd party software integration between VoIP Solutions and Marketing Software, Free Email Servers integration with Free 3rd party plugins for best service, Stock inventory plugin integration with 3rd party POS System and other.
During my time in Provident Technology I also kept growing my IT knowledge every day, learning more and more about:
- Networking (using Fortinet and Cisco devices, deploying routes, policies, VPN tunnels and customization of network infrastructure)
- Backup (using Veeam Backup solution setup for on-site/off-site backups, Ahsay Systems for standalone own cloud based solution, AWS and Azure)
- VoIP (passing from 3CX to OpenSource Asterisk solution, I learned to manage and setup more cost effective VoIP Systems)
- Zimbra Email Server (setup and manage OpenSource Email Server and integrate it with free other tools for ActiveSync and HighAvailability)
- Exchange Setup and Administration
- Microsoft Servers and tools
- Ubuntu and FreeBSD System setup and maintenance
- Virtualization (mostly working only with virtualized servers as per software based, using VMware technology and some HyperV)
- Hardware (pre-setup, firmware update, maintenance and troubleshoot; worked with various types of servers, SANs, Managed Switches, Unifi products, tape libraries and plus minus all IT hardware that you could manage in a SMB)
- Understand and migrate old un-managed Hospital Software