phototropic
Member Since: 2005/06/28
Tech Certifications:
Genius

Provide a quick, creative biography in 140 characters or less.

More bio
Activity
Points this month0
Total points1,109,513
Questions: 52
Solutions: 1211
Articles:
Videos:
Courses:
Posts:
Group Discussions: 17
Professional Background
No Professional Background shown
More
Education
No Education Background shown
More
Full Biography

My first computer job involved operating a Univac 9300. (www.computermuseum.li/Testpage/Univac9300.htm)
Whilst the technology has changed considerably since then, what I do has remained the same: 95% of all computer problems are caused by user error of one sort or another, and my job is to find out what that user error was, and then correct it. The other 5% is anybody's guess...

Languages
No Languages shown

Level Progress

Current: Level 23
phototropic needs 42,487 points to level up.
LVL 24
  • Overall
    23
  • Windows XP
    13
  • Anti-Virus Apps
    12
  • System Utilities
    9
  • Anti-Spyware
    8
  • Laptops Notebooks
    6
  • Desktops
    6
  • Hardware
    6
  • PC
    5
  • Windows OS
    5
  • Components
    5
  • Vulnerabilities
    5
  • Windows Vista
    5
  • OS Security
    5
  • Microsoft Legacy OS
    4
  • Networking Hardware-Other
    4
  • Web Browsers
    3
  • Security
    3
  • Windows 7
    3
  • Wireless Hardware
    3
  • Storage
    3
  • Operating Systems
    3
  • Storage Hardware
    2
  • Microsoft Applications
    2
  • Software-Other
    2
  • Printers and Scanners
    2
  • Microsoft Hardware
    2
  • Software Firewalls
    2
  • Miscellaneous
    2
  • AntiSpam
    2
  • Windows Server 2003
    2
  • Networking
    2
  • Wireless Networking
    1
  • Windows 2000
    1
  • Microsoft Forefront ISA Server
    1
  • Home Theaters
    1
  • Peripherals
    1
  • Programming Languages-Other
    1
  • Server Hardware
    1
  • Internet / Email Software
    1
  • Internet Protocols
    1
  • Outlook
    1
  • Network Analysis
    1
  • DNS
    1
  • Digital Forensics
    1
  • Displays / Monitors
    1
  • Web Development
    1
  • Windows Server 2008
    1
  • Installation
    1
  • Microsoft Office
    1
  • Fonts Typography
    1
  • Visual Basic Classic
    1
  • Storage Software
    1
  • Adobe Dreamweaver
    1
  • BlackBerry
    1
  • Crystal Reports
    1
  • Email Clients
    1
  • Linux Networking
    1
  • Linux OS Dev
    1
  • Microsoft Development
    1
  • Microsoft Server Apps
    1
  • Multimedia Programming
    1
  • Network Operations
    1
  • Networking Protocols
    1
  • VB Script
    1
  • Windows Live Mail
    1

Profile Validation

Expert Level Achieved