I am a network engineer for a global IT services enterprise. My previous experience includes desktop support technician and helpdesk specialist.
I read technical books and the web in my spare time to learn stuff like Cisco networking, computer hardware, Microsoft technologies, IT security and anything related to that.
I have thaught myself products like Cisco routers, Catalyst switches, PIX firewalls, Aironet wireless access points, Microsoft Active Directory, DNS, etc.
My home lab consists of the following products and technologies:
- Cisco PIX 501 Firewall
- Cisco Aironet 350 wireless LAN running IOS with WPA
- Cisco Catalyst 3500XL switches and a multitude of Cisco routers
- IPSec VPN between Cisco routers and PIX firewalls at a remote sites
- IPSec VPN remote access with Cisco VPN Client
- Microsoft Active Directory on Windows Server 2003 and R2
- Data replication to remote sites using the new Microsoft DFSR in Windows Server 2003 R2
My daily tasks at work include:
- Large campus and remote office network design, implementation and support
- Support of over 35000 ports on Cisco Catalyst 6500 and 3550 switches
I also earned the A+, HPCP APS, MCSE on NT 4.0, MCSA on Windows Server 2003, CCNA and CCDA certifications on my own. I am currently working on the Cisco CCDP/CCNP.