Action oriented IT versatilist working on multidisciplinary assignments from end-point to datacentre requiring technical specialisation and business competence to design and implement technology solutions to address real business issues and produce long-term growth and value. Optimisation and delivery of new application hosting platforms resilient against component failures of hardware, software and network crashes including participating in infrastructure design, review, and approval processes.
Simplification of technology operations, enabling better operational risk mgt and responsiveness to business challenges.
Leveraging relationships with the technology ecosystem to help make better and more informed decisions to solve business challenges. Liasing with vendors to implement change which is now “Business As Usual”. Negotiation.
I focus on results / goals, listen to the views of others and remain flexible. I take pride in everything I deliver, always aiming to exceed expectations. Effective at communicating project or system issues to senior management including remediation plans and enjoy mentoring team members.
- Hyper-V, VMware vSphere hardware virtualisation and management with corresponding Cloud Infrastructure Suites.
- Xendesktop VDI, XenApp
- Active Directory
- App-centric view of operations
- Pro-active in creating production support documentation in a Knowledge Centred Support environment
- Deep and broad end user computing experience, IT service management, ITIL and COBIT.
- Working knowledge of networking to CCNA.
- Ability to work in a process driven environment independently and multi-task effectively in a team environment.
-Providing subject matter expertise for initiatives focused on business development.
- HP & IBM X86 hardware and baseboard mgt controllers.
- Troubleshooting skills including analytical thinking, problem definition, ability to eliminate variables, and identify
- Service Analytics