An organized and creative individual who has career interests in communication, social media, web design, media production and journalism. I received my Honours Bachelor of Arts in Communication and Digital Media from the University of Toronto in 2018, and is expected to complete Master of Journalism at the University of British Columbia in 2020.
As an avid user of social media sites, I am aware of the different ways that such platforms have changed the ways the public consumes information and engages in conversation. That’s why I try to be active on social media not only to stay connected but also to start meaningful conversations. I create content that generates discussion around topics that are not only of personal interest and passion, but also important for the public. Personally, I am passionate about technology. The digital revolution has enabled creators like me to unleash our imagination. For me, communication and journalism in the 21st century is about interaction and engagement through web 2.0. It’s about delivering quality content through creative and interactive methods that are enabled by the media technologies we have.
In terms of technologies and professional skills, I have extensive experience in the post-production of image, video and audio through Photoshop, Final Cut Pro, and Logic Pro. I am also familiar with visual design software such as Illustrator and InDesign for graphic creations. I am able to handle professional filming and recording equipment, ranging from DSLR and video drone to XLR microphone and MIDI controller. I can work with WordPress and Bootstrap Framework, and other web-design elements like HTML, XML, CSS and PHP to create and manage websites. Web analytics and accessibility are also included as part of my web-based skills.
- Experienced in digital journalism and marketing. Proficient with multiple social media platforms.
- Experienced in journalism in politic, history, technology, finance and big data.
- Experienced in web development with WordPress and Bootstrap using CSS, HTML and PHP.
- Experienced in graphic design with Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign.
- Experienced in audio and video production through Logic Pro, Final Cut Pro, Premiere and After Effects.
- Experienced in the management and configuration of Windows, macOS, iOS and Android.
- Proficient in IT consulting for various mobile, desktop and enterprise platforms.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Apple iWork, Email, Outlook and the Internet.
- Proficient in the handling of filming and recording equipments such as camera, microphone and drone.