My name is Qian Bao and I am an undergraduate student at the University of Toronto, double-majoring in Communication, Culture, Information and Technology (CCIT) and Professional Writing and Communication (PWC). I am expected to receive the Honours Bachelor of Arts in June 2018.
I am a regular consumer of tech blogs such as Engadget and the Verge. Personally, I am passionate about consumer technologies and would love to share my knowledge of the tech industry with the public through digital media. For me, communication in the 21st century is about interaction and engagement through web 2.0. It’s about delivering quality content through creative and interactive methods that are enabled by the media technologies we have. I host a personal tech blog named QuantumBytes (http://quantumbytes.me) where I share commentary and analysis of recent technologies and trends in the tech industry.
- Experienced in digital journalism and marketing. Proficient with multiple social media platforms.
- Experienced in journalism in politic, history, technology, finance and big data.
- Experienced in web development with WordPress and Bootstrap using CSS, HTML and PHP.
- Experienced in graphic design with Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign.
- Experienced in audio and video production through Logic Pro, Final Cut Pro, Premiere and After Effects.
- Experienced in the management and configuration of Windows, macOS, iOS and Android.
- Proficient in IT consulting for various mobile, desktop and enterprise platforms.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Apple iWork, Email, Outlook and the Internet.
- Proficient in the handling of filming and recording equipments such as camera, microphone and drone.