Microsoft Access Query is Corrupt errors.
Earlier this week, Microsoft released several Security Updates that caused update queries in Microsoft Access database applications and programs storing data in Microsoft Access databases to fail.
An erroneous Query is Corrupt message appears.
Microsoft Access 2010, 2013, 2016, 2019 and Office 365
32 and 64 bit versions of Access
Applications that use the Access Database Engine (ACE) such as those written in Visual Studio .NET, VB6, and even web solutions that update Access databases.
Detailed Article with Multiple Workaround Suggestions
Our customers encountered this confusing error, and our team investigated and published an article to explain the issue and how to mitigate it. Microsoft announced they will fixed this in the next security update in December. That's hardly acceptable for applications that were running perfectly fine on Monday. Hope this helps.
It appears that a security update for the CVE-2019-1402 vulnerability in each version of Microsoft Office causes this error. Here is the list of Office security updates that you can uninstall.
Office 2010: Description of the security update for Office 2010: November 12, 2019 (KB4484127)
Office 2013: Description of the security update for Office 2013: November 12, 2019 (KB4484119)
Office 2016: Description of the security update for Office 2016: November 12, 2019 (KB4484113)
Further to my last post about testing a variety of browser performance statistics, I've recently discovered something that I think may be of use to other EE members.
When using Google Chrome as my default browser along with a variety of different AdBlocking extensions, visiting a page like this one: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/ returns the following error after about 36 ads have been blocked. All further reading is prevented unless the site is whitelisted.
However, visiting the same page with the Brave Browser I can view the site and read any articles on there without ads and without triggering the Ad Blocker warning.
The site (along with a few others I've stumbled across) does not appear to recognize the built-in AdBlocker in Brave. How long that will remain to be the case I'm not sure.
I've also confirmed (from my own tests) that Brave is by far the quickest browser to use on Social Media sites like Facebook. Nowhere near the number of slowdowns that I experience with Google Chrome (or other browsers) that I've tested so far.
Further, using this extension (credit to McKnife for finding it) you can also leave Google Chrome as the default browser if you want to, yet easily send links to the Brave browser when needed. Works a treat here :)
I hope this little tidbit of information helps you out.