Andy's VMware vSphere tip#20: Created your 100 Daily VMware vSphere Daily Checks yet ? Our Sysops, when they start a shift monitoring VMware vSphere clusters, go through a checklist of 100 things to check, when they come on shift before they attend to anything else like putting the kettle on for a cuppa! I'll start you off...
You may think that 100 checks to perform, is time consuming, but it takes a Sysop approx 1 hour, to go through all checks, and sign them off.
1. Connected to vCenter Server without issue ?
2. Any alerts present at the Datacentre ?
3. Any alerts present at the Cluster ?
4. All hosts responding and online ?
5. Any alerts present per host ?
If you would like to discuss this post further please post a question to the VMware Topic area.