Solved

Frames

Posted on 1997-03-10
1
224 Views
Last Modified: 2013-12-25
I have just put a page up that is using frames.  I was sure that I understood how they worked until I used the left frame named "director.htm" (a directory) to return to the home page.  When I clicked on it the home page came in that small rectangular frame (only 20% of the screen) and my intentions were for it to remove me from the page with frames and return me to the home page.  Where have I made the mistake?  When explaining this please give an example.  The directory frame is named "director.htm" the other 80% or so it called "html.htm" and the html page that has the Frameset tags is named "multimed.htm".  Thank you for any and all assistance.


Michael Sturgeon
0
Comment
Question by:msturgeon
[X]
Welcome to Experts Exchange

Add your voice to the tech community where 5M+ people just like you are talking about what matters.

  • Help others & share knowledge
  • Earn cash & points
  • Learn & ask questions
1 Comment
 
LVL 4

Accepted Solution

by:
jshamlin earned 200 total points
ID: 1853870
When you're in frames, clicking a link will load that document in the present frame unless you also specify a TARGET in the HREF tag, thus:

<A HREF="page_to_load.html" TARGET="Frame_to_load_it_in">text</A>

You TARGET frames by their name (when you made the FRAMESET, each FRAME has a NAME attribute in addition to the SRC for its content)

If you want something to load in the entire browser window (losing the frameset), use TARGET="_top" in the HREF tag.

HTH
0

Featured Post

Is Your DevOps Pipeline Leaking?

Is your CI/CD pipeline a hodge-podge of randomly connected tools? You’ve likely got a tool to fix one problem & then a different tool to fix another, resulting in a cluster of tools with overlapping functionality. Learn how to optimize your pipeline with Gartner's recommendations

Question has a verified solution.

If you are experiencing a similar issue, please ask a related question

Suggested Solutions

Title # Comments Views Activity
Wordpress Only run code if on a certain page 11 47
SP result not being displayed 5 69
Ways to Manage 2 Development Projects on Same Section 1 39
calculate days away 11 61
Learn by example how to specify CSS selectors for Selenium WebDriver test automation software.
Does your audience prefer people in photos or no people? How can you best highlight what you’re selling? What are your competitors doing, and what can you do that is different and unique from them?  Continue reading to learn how to make your images …
Viewers will get an overview of the benefits and risks of using Bitcoin to accept payments. What Bitcoin is: Legality: Risks: Benefits: Which businesses are best suited?: Other things you should know: How to get started:
Any person in technology especially those working for big companies should at least know about the basics of web accessibility. Believe it or not there are even laws in place that require businesses to provide such means for the disabled and aging p…

739 members asked questions and received personalized solutions in the past 7 days.

Join the community of 500,000 technology professionals and ask your questions.

Join & Ask a Question