Web Site forwarding

I have heard of some web sites that allow you to have your own personal web site address (i.e. www.test.com) and then allow you to have a profile which you can change like bigfoot which allows you to have an address (angelo@bigfoot.com) and allows you to modify your profile so that you can give out one address angelo@bigfoot.com and no matter what address you might have, you can have it forward all your emails to it.  I would like to have a nice web site address instead of http://home.sprynet.com/sprynet/aguevara
If you know about any of these services, please let me know.
Who is Participating?
alona041797Connect With a Mentor Commented:
The free web hosting service which has the shortest URL is Tripod.

After creating a profile in Tripod from www.tripod.com, put an html there that includes the following code:

<META http-equiv="refresh" content="1; url=http://home.sprynet.com/sprynet/aguevara">

The tag I wrote should be inserted in the <HEAD> section of the html, add a hyperlink in the <BODY> part of the same html.

Via Tripod you URL will be http://members.tripod.com/~YourMemberName/

URLs like "www.test.com" cost money. If you are willing to pay go to InterNIC's web page at http://www.internic.net/
Question has a verified solution.

Are you are experiencing a similar issue? Get a personalized answer when you ask a related question.

Have a better answer? Share it in a comment.

All Courses

From novice to tech pro — start learning today.